MORRO BAY, Calif., Jan. 25, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — Romance is in abundance all year long in Morro Bay with amazing sunsets and fresh local oysters always at the ready. But, with Valentine’s Day fast approaching and the extended President’s Day weekend right around the corner, the season of love is front and center. So naturally, it’s time to plan your romantic getaway, and if you want to save a few clams, Budget Travel just listed Morro Bay, CA as one of the top 10 world-class places to visit in 2018 that won’t break the bank.
Day 1: Rock the Embarcadero
- Rock your arrival with the ever-stunning Morro Rock.
- Enjoy lunch on the Bay before checking in to your room with a romantic view. These winter lodging specials are ready for romance.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at Windows on the Water, a local favorite for romance.
- Late night fun for two with live music at the newly opened Siren Bar.
Day 2: Outdoor Adventure for Two (or more)!
- A delicious bayside breakfast came be found on the patio at Blue Skye Bistro, overlooking the bay. The menu includes magnificent mimosas for those mesmerizing moments.
- Enjoy a fun-filled morning on your kayak and lunch adventure. Paddle through the waters of Morro Bay and its 800-acre wetland and stop for a romantic picnic on the sand spit.
- Enjoy a delectable dinner and sunset. Consider a warm-hearted waterfront dinner at the Galley Seafood Grill & Bar.
Day 3: Whales and Wildlife
- After a lovely breakfast on the Embarcadero, set out on a winsome Whale Watching tour. The central coast is home to hundreds of humpback whales feeding on abundant sea life in the fall and winter months.
- Morro Bay makes it easy for cyclers to get around town with bike trails and a harbor front pathway winding past families of sea otters, out to the rock and down to the beach.
- End the day with a passionate meal at the Thai Bounty, featuring authentic Thai BBQ, seafood and cuisine.
Day 4: Parting is such Sweet Sorrow!
- Say Au revoir and grab a coffee and breakfast from La Parisienne Bakery – one of the best “finds” in Morro Bay.
- Make it a historic goodbye by stopping at the interactive Museum of Natural History, located in Morro Bay State Park.
- Savor your final Bon Voyage Lunch at the Marina at Bayside Café.
For the full itinerary, please click here. Couples can also find their own secluded beach in Montano De Oro State Park, or visit Hearst Castle just 30 minutes north of Morro Bay. Come find your romance in Morro Bay now, and all year long.
For additional information on hotels offering winter midweek rates from $55 and weekend rates from under $100, check out our booking engine here. For information on all the exciting things to do and see in Morro Bay, visit www.morrobay.org.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/48-hours-of-romance-and-adventure-in-morro-bay-ca-that-wont-break-the-bank-300588079.html
SOURCE Morro Bay