KNOXVILLE, Tenn., Jan. 4, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — There’s a new hotel in Knoxville, Tenn., and it’s a 100 years old. Dover Development and White Lodging are excited to announce the opening of Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown in the historic building formerly known as the Hotel Farragut, a gem of downtown Knoxville since opening in 1917. Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown is the first Hyatt-branded hotel in Knoxville and features the Hyatt Place brand’s intuitive design, casual atmosphere and practical amenities, such as free Wi-Fi and 24-hour food offerings. The hotel is owned by Knoxville-based Dover Development and is managed by Indiana-based White Lodging.
“The Hotel Farragut was a place of special memories for many of the people of Knoxville. We’re so excited to breathe new life into this landmark property,” says General Manager Trenton Keelen. “Our convenient location offers so much in a walkable distance, from all of downtown Knoxville’s amazing restaurants, galleries, historic theaters to the popular Neyland Stadium, to which visitors can hop on the free Knoxville Trolley.”
The new Hyatt Place hotel stands on Gay Street, downtown Knoxville’s center for eateries, retail and entertainment. Business travelers can take a three-block walk, or ride the morning trolley to the Knoxville Convention Center.
Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown offers:
- 165 spacious guestrooms with separate spaces to sleep, work and play, as well as a Cozy Corner sofa-sleeper
- Free Wi-Fi throughout hotel and guestrooms
- Gallery Kitchen Breakfast, a free hot breakfast for guests available daily in the Gallery Kitchen, features hot breakfast items, fresh fruit, steel cut oatmeal, Greek yogurt, and more
- 24/7 Gallery Menu & Market serving freshly prepared meals anytime, day or night and perfectly packaged sandwiches and salads
- On-site Starbucks® coffee
- Coffee to Cocktails Bar featuring specialty coffees and premium beers, as well as wines and cocktails
- Odds & Ends program for forgotten items that guests can buy, borrow or enjoy for free
- Meetings Spaces offer more than 3,848 square feet of flexible, high-tech meeting/function space, including a rooftop venue and 5 meeting rooms; the largest measuring at 1,350 square feet.
- 24-hour gym featuring cardio equipment with LCD touchscreens and free ear buds
- 24-hour business center for guests to use at their convenience
- Valet parking for a daily fee
- Dry Cleaning services
- Pet-friendly accommodations
The redevelopment of this property includes the area’s only open-air rooftop space for special events that overlooks the Smoky Mountains. The hotel also maintained several of the Hotel Farragut’s original features including a staircase made of Tennessee pink marble. It features art from local artists in the lobby and guestrooms and houses the Tennessee Theatre ticket office and Legacy Parks downtown office.
HYATT PLACE KNOXVILLE/DOWNTOWN LEADERSHIP
Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown is under the leadership of General Manager Trenton Keelen and Director of Sales Natalie Branham. In his role, Keelen is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt Place brand is known. Branham is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Knoxville area.
ABOUT HYATT PLACE
Hyatt Place, a brand of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, combines style, innovation and 24/7 convenience to create a seamless stay with modern comforts. There are more than 285 Hyatt Place locations in Australia, Armenia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Honduras, India, Mexico, Morocco, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Thailand, The Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, and the United States. For more information, please visit hyattplace.com. Join the conversation on Facebook and Instagram, and tag photos with #HyattPlace and #WhySettle.
ABOUT WHITE LODGING SERVICES CORPORATION
White Lodging Services Corporation was established in 1985 and is headquartered in Merrillville, Ind. White Lodging is a fully integrated hotel ownership, development and operations company focused on developing and operating premium-branded hotels in growing urban markets across the United States. The company is a recognized leader that has defined and cultivated the ability to achieve consistent, sustainable growth among mid- to large-scale hotels across the country. Its current portfolio consists of more than 160 hotels in 21 states and encompasses representation of the following leading brands: Marriott International, Inc., Hilton Worldwide, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Preferred Hotel Group and InterContinental Hotel Group. For more information about White Lodging, please visit www.whitelodging.com.
Director of Sales
Hyatt Place Knoxville/Downtown
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hyatt-place-knoxvilledowntown-celebrates-official-opening-300577781.html
SOURCE White Lodging